Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by!

I am a simple farm girl, saved by grace, with an open heart and sincere soul, constantly seeking the truth of Jesus.
May we find joy in the ordinary, love others well and allow hope to sustain us through every journey in this life.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's Spring!

 
Today has been a beautiful spring day!  Gerber Daisy's in the fresh new flower beds, the Blue Bonnets blooming in the open fields and a fragrant-scented breeze flowing through the air. It's God's own work of art!  What a blessing and a gift He has given us. Spring also brings back memories of childhood, of special days and of special people who have touched our lives. Each spring as the flowers begin to bloom, I am reminded of my sweet grandmother and how she loved Hyacinths. Every year she planted them near her front door. I will never forget that scent as long as I live and I am hopeful that my grandmother and I will someday walk together in heaven and share that wonderful fragrance again. Spring brings new growth and I believe our creator intended us to have new growth as well. God whispers to us the desires of His heart!  A precious gift of spring is another opportunity for us to look for ways to grow closer to Him. To bloom, become fresh, and flourish in a new way. Continuing our old paths can weigh us down. Each day is "new life" if only we can seize the opportunity and give God a chance to nurture and cultivate what He has already given us but with an open mind and a fresh new spirit. Allow Him to change what needs to be changed and to grow what He has already planted in our lives. The truth of a "Big Amazing God" is that he can "transform" and "grow" us in ways we could never imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment